- BSP Patient Forum
- Educational Quiz
- Patient FAQs
- Find a BSP Member
- Gum Disease and Diabetes
- Gum disease and Cardiovascular (heart) disease
- Gum Health Day 2021
- Gum Health Awareness Day 2020
- Gum Health Awareness Day 2018
- Gum Health Resources for Patients
- How’s Your Smile Campaign 2016
- Oral Health and Pregnancy
- Tooth Decay and Gum Disease
THE MOUTH - a reflection of our health
Reproduced with the kind permission of the Dutch Association of Medical Dental Integration (VMTI) together with the KNMT Oral Health Foundation.
There is increasing evidence that a healthy mouth is important for a person's general health. Disorders in the mouth can be a signal for problems elsewhere in the body. There are also possible links between oral health and diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and rheumatism.